The company was founded in 1950 as “Télésiège de Médran SA” by a group of courageous developers. The Médran chair lift opened on 23 December 1950.
In 1952, a ski tow was added to supplement the services available at the Tête des Ruinettes. The project to extend the chair lift to the Col des Vaux was put on hold by the Federal Transport Office, which was afraid of possible accidents caused by ice and wind. In 1995, following a number of disagreements on extending the ski area, Giovanola developed a one-person chair lift for the Savoleyres region. A year later, the manufacturer Müller developed a drum system for a ski tow on the same sunny slopes, starting in Les Planards. This gave manufacturer Von Roll the time it needed to develop a cable car for the Attelas. To avoid endangering the first company, a second “Téléphérique des Attelas” company was formed.
The chair lift was supplemented with a long ski tow in 1958. The following year, a chair lift was added to exploit the shady and quickly snow-covered basin of the Lac des Vaux, while another ski tow was installed on the magnificent Combe de Médran.
In 1960, the company became the "Société Anonyme des Téléphériques de Verbier" by merging with the "Société Anonyme Téléphériques Attelas", the same company that had built the Verbier – Les Attelas – Lac des Vaux link in the 1950s, at the instigation of Mr Rodolphe Tissières.
As the number of visitors grew, the size of the ski area needed to increase. Several high-altitude projects were completed in the summer of 1960.
The one-person Savoleyres chairlift was converted to a two-person lift. A ski tow was installed on the gentle slopes of La Chaux. Very good skiers were given access to Mont-Gelé (3,030m) via a cable car and another was built on the steep slopes of Tortin.
A for powder enthusiasts just before the winter of 1960/61, creating the backbone of the ski area. Additional facilities exploiting even the slightest slope would be added later.
Twenty-two lifts had to be adapted to comply with new safety standards introduced by the Federal Transport Office. The Lac des Vaux 3 chair lift was replaced in 1988 and the Ruinettes ski tow by a chair lift the following year, while the Mayentset chair lift was renovated in 1990. The La Pasay ski tow in Bruson was replaced by a chair lift in the same year. The Mont-Gelé cable car and Les Moulins ski tow were renovated in 1992.
Télé-Thyon joined the 4 Vallées ski area in 1991.
The Attelas 1 cable car carried its final skiers in late April 1994, while the cable of the Attelas II cable car was dismantled. The finishing work and numerous technical tests lasted from mid-November until mid-December. Named “Funispace” following a competition for suggestions, with all employees invited to take part, the new lift came into service on 23 December 1994, just nine months after work began.
The company STA (Services techniques alpins) SA was formed in Sembrancher. As well as providing after-sales services for Leitner snow groomers throughout French-speaking Switzerland, the company offers other services including locking mechanisms, spare parts, assembly and maintenance of ski lifts.
Téléverbier was listed on the stock market.